Requests

I can't remember when it started exactly but I've been noticing that Will seems to have some "wants". When he is with one of us he'll just casually express, "I wish I had a dog." or "I wish I had a baby." He's asked both of us for these things many many times outside of situations where we see babies or dogs however, when there is a dog or a baby or dog toys or baby paraphernalia in front of him he will up the ante: "I wish I had two dogs."

It is hysterical to us that these "wants" are always things that require time or forethought or yard space or even trees which we don't have at the moment. Today he was just sitting on the couch with his dad and he looked out the window while saying, "I wish I had a treehouse." His dad's response was that it would be very cool to have a tree house but we don't have any trees in our yard. Then he said, "I wish I had a tree. Dad do you think we could fit one in our car or maybe tied to the roof?"

0 comments: