26 Weeks



I'm actually 28 weeks right now and hard to say if I'm much bigger than in this photo but according to Will my belly is "enormous". I think the impressiveness of it is much better in person. But strangely, I felt more pregnant and enormous during that first trimester when everything was stretching and growing and retching. Now I actually feel quite comfortable in my current state unless I have to put on socks or plop down on the floor to get something.
We are getting ready this week for Sibling Preparation Class with Penny Simkin. Will is going to learn about his job as a big brother, get to see a live baby breastfeed and get a diaper change, and talk about the impending birth.
A few things that I'd like to take note of:
1. I still gag, retch and burp after showers. Very strange. Go figure.
2. Bladder kicks are the worst and whenever I get them I fear a breech baby again. Some women are prone to them though likely that isn't me since Will so willingly turned last time.
3. This baby likes to move. I continue to deny any memory of Will moving much. Just about any time of the day I can feel someone adjusting and readjusting positions in there.
4. Once I hit the 3rd trimester I do seem to balloon out quite impressively. Maternity shirts never fit right after this point.
5. Craved salty foods in the early first trimester and then had food aversions and then craved sugar and now I just simply like to eat pretty consistently every two hours. I have eaten more beef this pregnancy than just about anytime in my entire life. For whatever reason, chicken didn't agree with me and is starting to come back. Fish was hit or miss. Beef and eggs were pretty much my protein source. According to my one child study with Will, this means that this baby is going to love chicken. With Will I was completely sour on onions and turns out that Will love love loves them-- can't get enough of them. He also seems to love celery and cucumbers too which aren't my favorites.

0 comments: