PNB Nutcracker

Will and I attended the Nutcracker matinee for the first time. It was quite a busy event with a lot of people...whew! I had to laugh though when about midway through the first half of the performance Will announced to me in a very loud voice, "Mama, I'm hot. I'm very hungry. I have to go to the bathroom." Once we got off some clothes, snuck out for the toilet, and fed him a cookie at intermission he did fine but I kind of doubt he understood how fortunate he was to tour backstage and see it all in action behind the scenes. To me, this was just such a treat!

Our camera has been acting up so it will be a little while until we get some decent photos up again. The flash seems to make the whites turn too white and wash out the rest of the photo. If the pictures have an ethereal quality, this is why.


One of the coolest costumes-- I think. Very Maurice Sendak.

Gideon and Will in front of the Nutcracker.



Checking out the costumes backstage.



Here is Gideon, Will and Soren behind the stage!

0 comments: